An inspiring thought adapted from my partner Kris Deva North:
Reflecting on the challenges and triumphs of 2016, wondering if I treated those just the same, and looking ahead to the Monkey swinging away and the Rooster crowing in.
A few things for you to meditate on, whatever works for you: seated in meditation, lying down on the bed or simply contemplating the view. Here it is:
- Everything and everyone you are grateful for.
- What you have done and have not done this year? (Based on the goals and ideas you set out to achieve, put in practice on 2016.)
So going a little bit deeper:
- What was your biggest challenge and your bigger satisfaction?
"The bigger the challenge, the bigger the satisfaction."
(From a Greek philosopher that I forgot the name), this made lots of sense, and still does. Challenges are incredible gifts, some really hard; but I think they are our great teachers, indeed gateways for growth and evolution, along with so much wisdom and self-awareness.
And being in the 'quoting mode', another thought:
"Never lose your faith. The best beginnings come after the worst endings." Bob Marley.
In Portugal we have a saying: After the storm comes the calm.
And finally something for you to write down (or just run it through your mind, whatever works better for you) :
- Where have you been? (Different places, travels you have done, doesn't matter the distance.)
- What did you do? (The highlights of the most exciting things you did this year, in any level, something that really means a lot to you...)
- What did you learn? (In the different levels of your being.)
- Take a quiet moment to reflect on everything you wrote, read it out loud and in a place in nature, you burn the paper. As the ashes fall to Earth, the smoke rises to the Sky, as above, as below, so within! (If you have any sacred place where you do your rituals indoors, like a cauldron or a stove, it's fine, but then give the ashes to Earth). The fire has the power to transform, supported by the unconditional nurturing of Mother Earth and divinity of Father Sky.
Capricorn being connect with the earth teaches about grounding, essential to help us in our achievements and indeed embody presence - be here in the now!
- Write down your goals and dreams for 2017!
Then you just have to do your bit in the mundane dimension, along with visualisation (that is actually happening, even when not yet!), to make into a living reality!
***Wishing you a wonderfully fantastic 2017, with the willpower to fullfil and live your dreams***
May your radiant Feminine self keep shining and contributing for a better and more beautiful world!