Wednesday 22 May 2013

Joining me Tomorrow for the Jade Circle with a taste of Kalbelia Gypsy Dance!***

Nothing better to celebrate and enjoy the most of this powerful times in between solar and lunar eclipses, that the Jade Circle tomorrow, Thursday 23rd May.
Join me at the Jade Circle Level 2 follow by the Advance Jade Circle
Starts at 6.45pm and finish at 8.15pm and then the Advance Circle follow until 9.30pm @ The Lift (2nd Floor) 45 White Lion Street London N1 9PW.
Bring a long skirt - the swirlier the better for the Gypsy Dance:
I'm going to share some Kalbelian Gypsy Dance from deserts of Rajasthan, after my recent training there with Suva Devi, the famous dancer of the acclaim Latcho Drom documentary (which explains the migration of the gypsy from India to Europe and the music influence they left where they passed... their dance being the root of the 'Tribal Bellydance' in the North African, Flamenco Dance in Spain and Balkan Dance from the Gypsy of Eastern Europe).
I watched this video of Suva Devi dancing when she was a little girl and really inspired me to learn the Kalbelia Gypsy Dance. Now after 20 years, Suva has 5 children and still rocks!!... I had the pleasure to meet her last year (after looking for her for a while), and from our first connection she took me to her home, in a small village not far from the desert, where I stay living my gypsy life, immersing myself in the Kalbelia ancient and mystic culture, and so much enjoying their mesmerizing music and dance!

Was a Facebook Page created for Suva Devi work: Suvadevi Kalbeliya and you can find there as well in her recent FB personal page Suva Devi Kalbeliya

(Next Jade Circle Level 1 will  be on Tuesday 4th June).

Looking forward to see you and dance with you!

© Anamarta 

No comments:

Post a Comment